News: Welcome to Trans Refuge. We're growing quickly and finding new ways everyday to improve the site. Please spend a few minutes reviewing the site news and information. Enjoy your stay with us.
Katie, Linde, Dena, OzGirl, Jessica, and Lexxi at your service.

Author Topic: Orchidektomie recovery  (Read 74 times)

Offline Margrit

Orchidektomie recovery
« on: December 28, 2019, 03:05:47 PM »
How long took it to heal after you had the procedure get done?
If a man can make you smile,
even if you don't want to,
then you love him.

Offline Linde

• Your friendly intersex (and please, not intersexed)
  • Administrator
  • Known as Helicopter Mom
Re: Orchidektomie recovery
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 03:42:01 PM »
My healing was pretty quick, I would have been able to go to work after about 7 to 10 days.  But I was very fatigued, and I don't know if it was from loss of blood or what.  The fatigue went away after my endo doubled my estrogen dose, but it could have been the more rest, too.
I was amazed about the almost non-existing pain.  I took one opioide pill just after the pain numbing of the anesthesia was gone and that was it.  the next day I took a few OTC Tylenol.  The scar area was sensitive for quite some time, but I had sanitary napkins in my underwear that cushioned the scar quite well.
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Email contact through linde@transrefuge.org

Offline Lady Sarah

• I love my husband
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 07:35:42 PM »
I heard a variety of stories from a variety of people claiming pain relief anywhere from 1 to 60 days. I know, it's crazy.

For me, the day after my bilateral orchiectomy, I felt so good, I went for a good 10 mile walk with no pain or discomfort.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 07:49:15 PM »
I heard a variety of stories from a variety of people claiming pain relief anywhere from 1 to 60 days. I know, it's crazy.

For me, the day after my bilateral orchiectomy, I felt so good, I went for a good 10 mile walk with no pain or discomfort.
I think it depends a lot of how the possible nerve handling tissue is treated.  I asked the surgeon to cauterize the remaining ends of the epididymis, which eliminated any oxygen conduction to the nerve endings (nerves that are exposed to oxygen will always result in a feeling of pain).
I was pretty much like you, the next day my pain could easily handled y a few Tylenol pills.
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Offline Margrit

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2019, 07:07:27 AM »

How long took it until you was able to Tuck again? If we still can cal  it"Tucking".
then you love him.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2019, 09:41:41 AM »

How long took it until you was able to Tuck again? If we still can cal  it"Tucking".
No tucking required anymore, it is "self tucking".  To be technical, because of the missing testicles, the scrotum will pull toggelter, because the muscles in it still work, and the bulk is mostly gone.  This causes my penis to hang down and almost fold back a little, and if I now pull up underwear, it gets pulled underneath and between my legs.  This makes it hardly visible anymore, and because of no erections anymore (with me at least), any tight outerwear pushes it back like any skin.  If anything, it looks like typical female vulva with larger labia.

This was possible as soon as the scar was healed, to make sure I would not cause any irritation, I put some gauze between penis and the scar skin.
I can now wear a normal tight swimsuit, and nobody would know the difference between a vulva, and my appendix from looking at it.

Offline Margrit

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »
Thank you for to explain it to me.
That helps me a lot
then you love him.

Offline Christine

• Going On Vacation
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2019, 12:32:02 AM »
Hi Folks,                29 December 2019

13 April 2018 I had a Bilateral, Radical inguinal Orchiectomy. My recovery was fast, a little discomfort for a couple days handled by Tylenol. The two small incisions, one over each Inguinal canal were healed in a week. Today I really have to look to find any scars. I was back doing heavy work in 10 days'; Doctor's orders.

I had seen the results of a Simple Orchi and decided that wasn't for me. Too much needless pain, swelling, suture tears and a lengthy recovery. The research I did indicated the inguinal was the best option of the three most common Orchiectomies.

I had mine done here in the DFW area by Dr. Peter Raphael in Plano, Texas just north of Dallas. The cost was $3325.00 for everything, Surgery, surgery suite, anesthesiologist, Pre op, 2 Post op; one stop shopping. They only do the Inguinal Orchie, less scaring to deal with when having GCS/SRS.

If I had it to do over again, I would want it done with local anesthesia rather than general.

Do your research and then decide what's best for you.

Best Always, Love

Christine
"He that lies down with dogs shall rise up with fleas." Benjamin Franklin

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not." Andre Gide