News: Welcome to Trans Refuge. The site is new and we are still dealing with issues but the site is up and functional. Please spend a few minutes reviewing the site news and information. Enjoy your stay with us.
Katie, Sparkles, Linde and Dena at your service.

Author Topic: Features added to the site  (Read 109 times)

Online Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
Features added to the site
« on: January 02, 2020, 10:33:45 PM »
I was waiting on others today so I worked on adding features that you might have used to on other sites. Several of them have compatibility problems and can't be added at this time. The following features were added.

Viewing a persons activity in their profile. This is in and functions without issues. As always, there are areas that can't be displayed because you lack the privileges.

The ability to change the color of your text. Profile>Modify Profile>Forum Profile. bottom of the screen is where the settings is located.

Buddies list. This was two modifications. One allows you to edit and control your buddy list and the other displays your buddy images in your profile. The images are a good deal larger than I expected so if I figure out what the issue is, I will try to get the size more reasonable. Because this feature operates differently than the default feature, you should remove all your buddies and then add them back in. This will ensure that all lists will be accurate.

While I am at it, the email another member  feature will not work on the current server. Part of the anti spam restrictions require that the from address originate from the domain that sends the email. As simple machines places the senders address in the field, the server will consider it spam and will not deliver it. Instead it ends up in a folder where I can access it, read it and must delete it.

Offline Linde

• Your friendly intersex (and please, not intersexed)
  • Administrator
  • Known as Helicopter Mom
Re: Features added to the site
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 10:40:29 PM »
If I try to add a Budy, it says he page is not working
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Offline Kiera

• "Landed Airline Gentry"
    • Blogs: Second Type Forums
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 04:59:22 AM »
If I try to add a Budy, it says he page is not working

lol It says:
aw snap! this page isn’t working because member Linde's social calendar is full at www.transrefuge.org and currently unable to handle any more "buddy requests" at all . . .

Just KIDDING! Great job Dena, cannot imagine what this board setup has been putting you through! Just as an update on what I've been doing lately have acquired a .php 7.2 compatible stripped-down upgrade to Vb version 3.8.12 (am currently 3.8.2 using legacy PHP 5.4.45 all of which are already at "end of life") but am afraid to attempt it lest I lose irreplaceable "mods" currently installed. A full manual backup of templates and scripts will have to be performed . . .

Have clean installed 3.8.12 as a new "test board" but not impressed at all!
'But it's no use now', thought poor Alice, 'to pretend to be two people'
'Why there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person'

( Lewis Carrolls' "Down The Rabbit Hole" )

Online Dena

• Guru/Village Idiot
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 07:31:18 AM »
Over the holiday Simple machines has come out with 2.0.17 that should solve the PHP problems. We need to go there as well because the current system logs errors at the rate of 100's a minute. To deal with the problem, I turned error logging off but that has handicapped me in resolving some of the other site issues. We still have other issues and I think many of the problems I have been chasing have a common cause but the light just came on in the last day so I still need more work to be sure.

Offline Lexxi

• Your Friendly Greeter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 04:29:55 AM »
Hi Dena,

I tried to find the tab to change the color of my name, but there's nothing at the bottom of my page but a "Change Profile" tab. When I press that it just saves my changes...which I didn't make. Is it possible for you to post a pic of what I should be looking for? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Lexxi
Realized that I'm trans 5/20/19   Got letter for HRT 6/10/19  Came out to my mom 6/18/19
Started HRT 7/12/19

Online Katie

• Transgender evangelical Christian, everything you're not supposed to be...
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 06:33:54 AM »
@Lexxi , go to the Profile tab, Forum Profile, at the bottom of the screen you'll see Member Color. You have to enter a color based on hexadecimal table number. To find a color in hexadecimal, go to https://www.color-hex.com/.

You can find these instructions here: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Profile.
"Some want to live within the sound
Of church or chapel bell;
I want to run a rescue shop,
Within a yard of hell".
C.T. Studd

"Redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die".
William Cowper