News: Welcome to Trans Refuge. We're growing quickly and finding new ways everyday to improve the site. Please spend a few minutes reviewing the site news and information. Enjoy your stay with us.
Katie, Linde, Dena, OzGirl, Jessica, and Lexxi at your service.

Author Topic: TransElder survey  (Read 45 times)

Offline Jessica

• Global Moderator
TransElder survey
« on: January 14, 2020, 06:10:21 PM »
I found this on FB and felt it may help the cause.

The ACLU LGBT & HIV Project is invested in supporting transgender people and fighting discrimination against transgender people in all forms, including discrimination against transgender elders. We have developed a questionnaire as part of our efforts to respond to the unique ways that discrimination impacts transgender elders in our community.We want to hear from transgender people above the age of 50 about any experiences of anti-trans discrimination by providers of elder-specific care, services or accommodations.

https://action.aclu.org/legal-intake/transgender-elder-questionnaire?redirect=transelders

Offline Linde

• Your friendly intersex (and please, not intersexed)
  • Administrator
  • Known as Helicopter Mom
Re: TransElder survey
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 06:22:55 PM »
Please be so nice and take part of this questionnaire  I just did it, and it will help the ACLU to figure out, how they can help us!

Hugs
Linde
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Email contact through linde@transrefuge.org

Online OzGirl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »
Although I am an older transitioner, I decided not to participate in this survey as I am from Australia, and a seemingly a much more accepting society, and I don’t want to skew results!

Allie
Knew I was a girl in 1958, told my mother. Dressed regularly at home from 2000, started HRT March 2019, FHR Oct 19 Full time Jan 2020, new BC Feb, new p’port March 2020, GRS scheduled for some time in 2021

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 07:11:17 PM »
Although I am an older transitioner, I decided not to participate in this survey as I am from Australia, and a seemingly a much more accepting society, and I don’t want to skew results!

Allie
You are correct!  You down there don't need to have a Civil Liberty's Union to fight for the basic rights of the people!
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Offline Lady Sarah

• I love my husband
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:54 PM »
In my case, filling out the survey might do an injustice to some. Where I go to take care of my business (doctors and so forth) nobody cares that I am trans. If I went to the other nearby city, then I would have issues.

Once, I used the ACLU to take care of an issue of dire importance. I was only in my 30s at the time. I was much more worried about problems with housing, doctors, facilities, etc... when I was much younger. I realize that is just my personal experience, and I don't want to lie on a questionnaire.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 10:40:57 PM »
In my case, filling out the survey might do an injustice to some. Where I go to take care of my business (doctors and so forth) nobody cares that I am trans. If I went to the other nearby city, then I would have issues.

Once, I used the ACLU to take care of an issue of dire importance. I was only in my 30s at the time. I was much more worried about problems with housing, doctors, facilities, etc... when I was much younger. I realize that is just my personal experience, and I don't want to lie on a questionnaire.
I think they also need the positive feedback, if they want to develop a program to help trans people, they might only concentrate on certain areas.