News: We now have over 250,000 page views!

Author Topic: What shall we talk about? Can it be amazing?  (Read 402 times)

Offline Moni

• Stay calm, be smart, it can work out okay!
Re: What shall we talk about? Can it be amazing?
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 06:22:27 PM »
Donica and Linde, look forward to your surgery and woman's room streaking reports! I think because of all the talk about trans people in bathrooms, it crept into my mind. Watching for the bathroom police, you know! It's totally cool now though. Except for the wait time.

I started thinking today about if I  had to pose as a guy now, how odd that would be. So much, I have forgotten!
HRT June 11, 2015. - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore)

Offline Linde

• Your friendly intersex (and please, not intersexed)
  • Administrator
  • Known as Helicopter Mom
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 07:28:48 PM »
Donica and Linde, look forward to your surgery and woman's room streaking reports! I think because of all the talk about trans people in bathrooms, it crept into my mind. Watching for the bathroom police, you know! It's totally cool now though. Except for the wait time.

I started thinking today about if I  had to pose as a guy now, how odd that would be. So much, I have forgotten!

Moni, my guy memory was never that strong, and I can't remember any of my day to day routine anymore.  I can remember specific situations, but not what I did in the average day to day stuff.
I don't know, because of the fact that I never was a very manly guy, there might be not that much difference?  I always liked shopping, including grocery shopping, and I still like it, and I never was into sports, that has no changed either.  I always liked automobil stuff, and I still do.

There might not been that much difference between me as a guy, and me as a woman?

Hugs
Linde
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Email contact through linde@transrefuge.org

Offline KathyLauren

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 07:44:46 PM »
Moni! Thank you for starting this conversation. One thing that you wrote that really hit home for me was feeling like an intruder in the Women's restroom while pre-op. I began transitioning 2 1/2 years ago with HRT and have been full time for 1 1/2 years. I have just a few months to go before my GCS, and with HRT doing it's wonderful things, I can't very well use the men's restrooms anymore. I don't think about it much but on occasion, I am overwhelmed with the feeling of intrusion. Which BTW, as always turned out to be a big non-event.

I only felt that feeling once, my very first time using the ladies' room.  I was on my way home from a support group meeting, one of the first times I had dressed in a skirt.  It's a long drive, and, halfway, I really had to pee.  So I stopped at a gas station / convenience store place.  I felt a little odd going into the ladies' room, like I didn't belong, but I quickly snapped out of it when I realized that, dressed as I was, there was no place else I could go.  I sure as heck couldn't go to the men's.

These days, I maintain good situational awareness, noting who else is in there, and whether they are reacting to my presence.  But I know I belong there.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly, beginning full-time; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2019-10-18 Phone consultation for GRS; 2020-03-11 GRS!

Offline Moni

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »
Kathy,
   I work with people who sometimes need help in the bathroom. We go into the community often. One day, a student had to go to the bathroom and I thought nothing of it and said, "I'll take him!" Well, I kind of forgot that I don't go there anymore. Whoops! I stood in the doorway!  lol I don't think I'll ever be one of those women who pop into the men's  room when the woman's room is too busy. LOL Just can't do it, I'd be afraid to.

Some of your future GCSers will soon learn the importance of planning bathroom trips. When ya have to squat, there is no way the old pee in a bottle trick works any more, like on car trips. A friend tells the story of getting stuck in the middle lane of an hour long stand still. He had to go so bad, but there was no place to go. Finally, and I'm thinking this is pure genius, he pops the hood leans over the engine compartment and lets lose. It looked just like his car was overheating. lol  No, no girls, can't work for us!
HRT June 11, 2015. - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore)

Offline TonyaJanelle

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 07:24:19 PM »

I don't think I'll ever be one of those women who pop into the men's  room when the woman's room is too busy. LOL Just can't do it, I'd be afraid to.

This is so much me now.  I won't even use a single seater if its labeled men.  More of a psychological thing at this point.  Maybe after the surgery.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Online OzGirl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »
My 3 yo grandson ran to me and told me he needed to go quickly, and he is just a month into toilet training, so I rushed to the ladies to find a line, and I noticed there was nobody in the mens, so I took him into a stall there, praying nobody would come in. He did his thing and we washed his hands quickly and got out of there, and as we left a woman saw us and gave me a not nice look. I thought to engage her and thought I didn’t want my grandson to see such a thing, so I just smiled and walked past her. I hate using the men’s, but at times I’ve had to.

Allie
Knew I was a girl in 1958, told my mother. Dressed regularly at home from 2000, started HRT March 2019, FHR Oct 19 Full time Jan 2020, new BC Feb, new p’port March 2020, GRS scheduled for some time in 2021

Offline Lady Sarah

• I love my husband
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 09:02:35 PM »
In the past several years, the only facilities I've used that were marked "MEN" were the porta potties at outdoor venues where long lines formed at the women's facilities. I could not see having to hold my urine for more than half an hour to stand in line with sciatica making standing a painful affair in the first place. Besides, it ain't like anybody is gonna walk in on me in one of those porta potties anyways.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 09:13:59 PM »
No, no girls, can't work for us!
Yeah one can, just needs some training.  Amber told me that she can stand upright and pee against a tree!  But she has tried this for many years now, to get to that perfection!

Hugs
Linde
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!

Offline MadameDuFromage

• I identify as meat popsicle
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 10:55:42 PM »
We have the technology https://www.amazon.com/Urination/dp/B003BEDUS6

And how nice, it even comes in pink!  Just made right for almost any woman!

Hugs
Linde

Offline TonyaJanelle

« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 08:05:24 AM »
Something like that might come in handy on the golf course. Hopefully after surgery and quitting spiro  I won't need it though.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 09:19:23 AM »
Something like that might come in handy on the golf course. Hopefully after surgery and quitting spiro  I won't need it though.

You might wonder about that!  I have not been close to spiro for more than a year, and I still have o run to the bathroom as if it is going out of style.  I almost have the feeling estrogen decided to shrink my bladder!
Hugs
Linde
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:16:02 PM by Linde »

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 09:55:07 AM »

In the FTM world those things are known as STP devices (Stand To Pee). Although I would doubt that any trans man would go for a pink model called 'GoGirl'...

Offline TonyaJanelle

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 10:01:42 AM »
I'd did say hopefully in regards to no spiro equaling fewer bathroom trips. 

I've heard of an STP device, figured this was similar.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »
I'd did say hopefully in regards to no spiro equaling fewer bathroom trips. 

I've heard of an STP device, figured this was similar.

The finest of those STP thingies would not convince to stand to pee ever again.  I did hat in public bathrooms only, and gave that up a while ago, cause I did not want to wet my feet each time!

Hugs
Linde

Offline Moni

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 04:58:47 PM »
Oh come on girls, give me a day at least to bitch about having to pee squatting before getting all innovative and stuff! LOL

I did actually go behind my garage and practice my 'camping squat.' Didn't want to embarrass myself by falling over in front of squirrels or something.

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 06:27:30 PM »
Oh come on girls, give me a day at least to bitch about having to pee squatting before getting all innovative and stuff! LOL

I did actually go behind my garage and practice my 'camping squat.' Didn't want to embarrass myself by falling over in front of squirrels or something.
Well, Moni, can you do the hovering peeing in public bathrooms?  I thought that layers of toilet paper on the seat would protect me from ll those tiny things crawling around on them with the desire to make me sick.  It did not work, I got a fungus infection which is not fun to have between the legs, I can tell you all about it!  My daughter told me I have to learn to hover over the seat.  I tried, but just can't manage with my sciatica.  I do the next best thing!  When I am in a bathroom that has those paper seat liners, i swipe a few each time and fold them up and put them in my purse.  I have a few in each purse I own, and if I have to go to pee in bathrooms without those protectors, I take one from my purse, and feel well taken care of, knowing to have a barrier of the high density paper between my rear end and the critters on the seat.

How do you lady handle the  peeing in public bathrooms, did you learn to hover?

Hugs
Linde

Offline Iztaccihuatl

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 07:46:12 PM »
Talking about squatting / hovering, have any of you ever seen a traditional Chinese bathroom? There is no seat, just a opening in the floor with running water, kind of a flushable hole in the ground. You have to stand over it and squat down, including the boys when doing #2. While uncomfortable I have to say that these things are more hygienic because one never touches anything there.

Back in the 60ies and 70ies I have seen similar squatting toilets in Italy as well...

Oh, and btw, some folks out there seem to be promoting urinals for women, not sure if that's ever going to be a success story. But see for yourself:

https://www.mediamatic.net/en/page/234343/this-is-lady-p

Offline Linde

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »
Tose hole in the ground toilets were also common in France, and they are still pretty normal in Japan.  I tried them in either country and did not appreciate them.  I prefer my paper lined seats!

Online OzGirl

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 01:13:24 AM »
Linde, I hover. I hate public toilets and avoid them when I can, but I have learned to hover. It’s sort of a strange thing to relax enough to go while you are supporting your body weight. A year ago before HRT, when I was much heavier, my penis was completely inside me, and I had no control over the spray so I had to hover close or make a mess.

Allie
Knew I was a girl in 1958, told my mother. Dressed regularly at home from 2000, started HRT March 2019, FHR Oct 19 Full time Jan 2020, new BC Feb, new p’port March 2020, GRS scheduled for some time in 2021