News: We now have over 100,000 page views!

Author Topic: Indoor Cycling  (Read 26 times)

Offline Katie

• Transgender evangelical Christian, everything you're not supposed to be...
  • Administrator
Indoor Cycling
« on: February 10, 2020, 12:31:30 PM »
I used to be a year round cyclist. I had all the gear for cold weather, snow, and ice including studded tires.

I got tired of the maintenance and upkeep associated with riding in the winter. The salt and sand is extremely hard on chains, cassettes, cables, etc. And having all of those layers to have to wash made for a lot of extra laundry.

So, last year I purchased an indoor smart trainer. It has a roller that the rear wheel drives, and there is a motor in the unit that can adjust resistance to simulate hills and such. The trainer broadcasts via Bluetooth and I use Zwift on my laptop as my training software. Zwift (https://zwift.com/) is a software that can be used with indoor cycling trainers and treadmills to control resistance and incline, and it provides a real time simulated course in 3D. It's a little cartoonish looking, but it works.

I was using my trainer at home in my basement but decided to move it to my office this morning so I can take breaks throughout the day and get some activity. The windchill is expected to drop into the -20s this week, which makes walking very unpleasant and even dangerous if you're not careful.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
"Some want to live within the sound
Of church or chapel bell;
I want to run a rescue shop,
Within a yard of hell".
C.T. Studd

"Redeeming love has been my theme,
and shall be till I die".
William Cowper

Offline Linde

• Your friendly intersex (and please, not intersexed)
  • Administrator
  • Known as Helicopter Mom
Re: Indoor Cycling
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 05:50:51 PM »
I was thinking about one of those gizmos.  Also because of the windchill, which I can't get here.  It was 90 today!

Hugs
Linde
If life deals you lemons, make the best out of them, make lemonade, or put them into your bra to make it look like you have big boobs!